COACHING DEVELOPMENT SYMPOSIUM FEBRUARY 11TH, 2017
Alabama Soccer Association is proud to bring you some of the best coaches and educators in the game including Gary Smith and others*. Here is your chance to interact and learn with field sessions and classroom discussions. Space is limited to the first 100 coaches. Please see below for all information and let Technical Director Zac Crawford (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you have any questions.
Due to unforeseen reasons, Tony Dicicco will not be able to make it to the event.
ASA COACHING DEVELOPMENT SYMPOSIUM
Technical Director Zac Crawford
Location: Birmingham Marriot 3590 Grandview Pkwy, Birmingham, AL 35243
Saturday, February 11th
8:00-8:30 a.m.- Registration Check-In (outside of room Birmingham 4). Each attendee will receive a badge that you will be required to wear all day for access to the classroom and field sessions, as well as lunch.
8:30-9:45 a.m.- Classroom Interactions- Room-Birmingham 4
8:30-9:15 a.m.- Classroom session (Rene Miramontes)
- Topic- Traits of Successful Coaches
9:15-9:45 a.m.- Classroom session (Gary Smith & Bret Jacobs)
- Topic- Preparing for the MLS Cup Finals- The Roles of the Coaching Staff
10:00-11:45 a.m.- Field sessions at Sicard Hollow (4700 Sicard Hollow Rd, Vestavia Hills, AL 35242)
- 10:15-11:30 a.m. (Rene Miramontes & Austin Daniels)
- Topic- Transition to Attack & Defend Against the Counter Attack
- Each coach will have one team of ~18-20 players and will get 25-30 minutes for a Stage 2 and 3 activities and then will coach their squad in an 11v11 match with making 1-2 freezes during the match.
- Q & A to follow the session
12:00 – 1:00pm: Awards Luncheon (Lunch is included in the registration, Co-joined Event with AGM)
1:00-1:15- travel to the fields (on your own).
1:30-3:45 p.m. Field Sessions at Sicard Hollow
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. (Gary Smith & Bret Jacobs)
- Topic- Possession to Create Into the Final 1/3 & Pressing/Recovering Shape (How to Co-Coach)
- Co-Coaching one group of 16-18 year old male players
- 2:45-3:45 p.m. (Austin Daniels)
- Topic- Developing Field Awareness to Improve Possession
- One group of 20-25 female players
4:15-5:00 p.m. Classroom sessions
- 4:15-4:30 (Austin Daniels)
- Topic- Coaching The Female Player/Advocating for Female Coaches
- 4:30-5:00 (Gary Smith, Bret Jacobs, Austin Daniels, Rene Miramontes)
- Panel Discussion, Questions to be provided from ZC, Last 15-20 minutes for open questions
5:00-6:00 p.m. Reception at hotel/mingle with coaches (EACH REGISTRANT RECEIVES ONE DRINK TICKET)
Sunday, February 12th
8:00 -9:00 a.m.- Alabama Female Coaches Group Breakfast with Austin Daniels at Birmingham Marriot (dutch style)
9:15-11:15 a.m.- Field sessions at Sicard Hollow
- 9:15-11:00 (Austin Daniels)
- Topic- Building Out the Back, Q & A to Follow
Please contact Zac Crawford at email@example.com