MISSION: The Alabama Female Coaches Group (AFCG) exists to connect female coaches with each other, provide educational opportunities, and create a network of support for each other from both male and female coaches.
We aspire to:
- Connect-by connecting with other coaches (of all sports) here in Alabama and across the nation to exchange ideas, issues, and solutions that commonly arise as coaches of female players
- Educate-by providing coaching education opportunities, mentorships, and information to help improve the quality of coaching for female players
- Support-by creating a network of coaches to help support each other through mentorship, friendship, and networking.
WHO: *Despite the group name, this group is open to males who coach female players as well as females who coach male players. This group is being formed by soccer coaches but is open to all sports and we encourage other coaches, administrators, parents to also participate. Alabama Soccer Association is the founding member.
PURPOSE: With about 50% of participants in youth sports being females, it is our purpose to bring attention to this half of the population by helping coaches further their players’ enjoyment of sport, increase their knowledge, and improve the quality of instruction. It is also our purpose to help bridge the gap between male and female coaches.
ACTION: The AFCG will meet once per month via webinar/conference call. Members are encouraged to interact with each other more frequently to build rapport among the group with face to face interactions. We will also look to hold symposiums for creating connections and education opportunities.
MEMBERSHIP FEE: 2016- FREE (CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW)
The Alabama Female Coaches Group (AFCG) SEPTEMBER 2016 Coaching Symposium
WHAT: Arkansas State Soccer Association Technical Director Jennifer Pfeifer is coming to help instruct the US Soccer National E License Course from September 16-18. You will have access to Jen's instructional style and can observe/participate in coaching sessions to see Jen as the coach/instructor. Saturday evening (9/17) will feature a dinner (dutch style which means on your own) and social event to get to know Jen as the person. She will also participate in ODP on Sunday September 18th at the University of Montevallo, where she will conduct a training session and will meet with female ODP players. Her bio can be found here- http://www.arkansassoccer.org/abouth_assa/assa_state_director_of_coaching/
USSF A, National GK, National Youth License
NSCAA Premier, Advanced GK, Youth National
B.S. Kinesiology UTSA, M.S. Coaching Education Ohio University
Goalkeeper/Assistant Coach- Little Rock Rangers Soccer Club-NPSL Men's Team
Saturday September 17th- Birmingham, AL
WHAT: Afternoon Training Session (as part of E License Coaching Course)- Birmingham, AL- Rathmell Fields (3577 East Street Birmingham, AL)
WHEN: 3:15-5:15 PM (come prepared to train/participate if you can, but not necessary).
WHAT/WHERE: Evening Social/Dinner- AT Taco Mama (dutch style) in Summit 327 Summit Blvd, Birmingham, AL 35243. Jen Pfeifer will host a brief discussion and be available for questions as we socialize with each other.
WHEN: 6 p.m. -?
Sunday September 18th- at University of Montevallo
- WHAT: Goalkeeper Training Session at ODP for Female ODP Players (Jen Pfeifer)
- WHEN: 8:15 a.m.-9:00 a.m.
- WHAT: Field Training Session with Female ODP Players led by ASA Technical Director Zac Crawford (Training Topic- Building Out of the Back).
- WHEN: 9:00 a.m.-10:45 a.m.
- WHAT: Jen Pfeifer Discussion with Female ODP Players
COST/REGISTRATION: $10 for all events, CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW (MUST BE A MEMBER OF AFCG)
Hotel Room Block at Courtyard Marriot Colonnade
4300 Colonnade Parkway
Ask for the ASA Block (205) 967-4466
Rooms are $99 each evening (plus tax)
What to bring?
- Notepad and pen to take notes
- Questions for Coach Jen. Use this opportunity to learn from her and her staff!!!
- Comfortable clothes if watching sessions
- Teachable spirit to learn from Jen and other coaches from across the state!
Weather: If weather becomes an issue, ASA will let you know if/when the schedule changes. We are still on unless you hear from ASA.
For more info on the AFCG, please click here. Membership is FREE.
Please contact Sara Samchok if you have any questions:
Sara Samchok, AFCG President
RECAP OF FIRST EVERY SYMPOSIUM, CLICK HERE