Welcome to the Alabama Soccer Association Youth Module 1 (U6-8) and Youth Module 2 (U10-12) on-line coaching education program, held in conjunction with US Youth Soccer.
Alabama Soccer Association is now supplying online coaching education in partnership with US Youth Soccer. The course takes the approach that the GAME WITHIN THE CHILD is at the center of all beliefs, decisions, and actions taken by the child, coach, and organization.
The Youth Module 1 (U6-8) & Youth Module 2 (U10-12) module is free to all ASA affiliated members. Plan to participate, and have fun. No testing involved.
How to register for the free Youth Modules:
1. Coaches register for the course by clicking here. If you already have an account, click here.
2. After completing general information, you will see ‘State Association’. Select ‘Alabama’ and move it to the adjacent box.
3. After registering, click on ‘Course Search’. Select a course from the available course area.
4. Available for your selection are the U6-8 Youth Coaching Module Alabama or U10-12 Youth Coaching Module Alabama.
· Before starting the on-line lecture portion of the course, you will need to select a Field Training Event (on-course event) to attend.
· You can work at your own pace. You can always log out and log back in at another time.
· For more information on the Youth Modules, see below
Please contact Zac Crawford, ASA Technical Director with any questions.
Youth Modules 1 & 2
These courses are designed for the parent/coach of U6/U8 (Youth Module 1) and U10/U12 (Youth Module 2) age groups. The course teaches basic methodology and activities that are developmentally appropriate. Each Youth Module will continue to have the 2 hour field session; however, the classroom portion of the course has now been placed online.
Each Youth Module will include:
Part 1 - Online (1 hour)
Self paced internet course with topics on child development, philosophy of coaching, role of the youth coach, care/prevention, parent management, and small sided games.
Part 2 - Field (2 hours)
Open discussion about the online portion of the course, followed by field sessions, showing age appropriate development activities.
Taking the Youth Module is easy!
- Each candidate must register for the online portion of the course and a field session by clicking the registration below.
- Candidates need to complete the online portion of the course prior to attending the field session.
- Candidates should attend the field session they selected during the registration online process. Candidates will not be accepted into the field session without pre-registering and completing the online portion of the course.
- After the field session, the instructor will submit the attendance sheet to the ASA State Office. One week after the completion of the course, candidates can go back into the system to print out their YM1 or YM2 Certificate.