Olympic Development Program
Alabama Soccer Association’s Olympic Development Program–an affiliate of USYS ODP–is an identification and training program that provides exclusive opportunities for players to reach the next level of play. The goal of ODP is to identify players of the highest caliber on a continuing and consistent basis, which will lead to increased success for the U.S. National Teams
Benefits of ODP
Players participating in ODP have the chance to:
Be invited to represent Alabama ODP on State Teams at South Region events
Earn selection to the South Region ODP ID Camp
Be scouted by professional clubs from MLS, US National Team Scouts
Work with some of the top coaches in our state–including college coaches
Players identified by coaches and scouts as those warranting invitation to the South Region ODP ID Camp receive invitations from US Youth Soccer in late Spring to attend the summer camp. At camp, the top 60-100 players from the states within our region compete to make the Regional Pool for each age group. Players making these pools are then eligible to receive invitations to the below events in the following seasonal year:
USYS National ODP Training Camp
USYS National Team & International Trips
Generation Adidas Showcase Event
How to Join
21/22 Season Birth Years: 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005
(1) Players first register for the ODP Program
(2) Attend an Alabama ODP ID & Training Center for assessment to make the Age Group Pool. Players are evaluated on the Alabama ODP Player Assessment & Criteria.
(3) Players who make the pool will receive an email invitation to attend future ID & Training Centers & order their ODP Training & Match Uniforms. Players who are not developmentally ready to join the ODP pool for their respective Age Group Pool will be directed back to their club for training via email. These players are encouraged to continue working on their game in their home environment for several months before attempting to try-out for ODP again.
(4) Pool Players are encouraged to attend as many ID & Training Centers as possible so coaches can guide development and track player progress.
(5) Pool Players compete against one another within their respective positions for selection to:
State Team events (Sub-regionals, ID Combines, etc.) and the South Region ID Camp
Players may be identified by official Alabama ODP Scouts at Alabama State League games and Mid-South Conference games and be directly invited to participate in ODP. Note: Players should not rely on the scouting system to be identified. We simply cannot be at every State League game, but you never know who is watching so perform at your best!
The state reserves the right to add or release players at any time.
AHSAA players are allowed one “evaluation” per month based on AHSAA rules during their high school season. For clarification, please contact AHSAA for questions. Players interested in participating in ODP full-time during the spring season instead of playing high school soccer should see Alabama Elite.
Players that reside in border states (FL, GA, TN, MS) may participate in ASA ODP with permission from their home State Soccer Association.
Scholarship opportunities are available and can be completed by filling out the ODP Scholarship Application.
For questions, contact Kevin Laux – [email protected]